by Judith Curry
Happy New Year!
An end of year post. Not that I have much to say at the moment, but I think we need a new thread.
Here are a few ‘end of year’ articles, looking back and looking forward. I put these forward for discussion, let me know if you have spotted others.
- Matt Ridley: We’ve just had the best decade in history. Seriously.
- Marshall Shepherd: 20 experts predict the most significant weather and climate advances of the next decade.
- Larry Kummer: Celebrate our bright future on New Year’s eve!
I don’t have the stomach for climate alarm prognostications at the moment, but I suspect that we have not yet reached peak craziness.
2019 at Climate Etc.
I didn’t have that much time to blog this past year. But here are some of CE’s greatist ‘hits’ for 2019, in case you missed some:
- The toxic rhetoric of climate change
- Legacy of Climategate – 10 years later
- Climate Change: What’s the Worst Case?
- Early 20th century global warming
- Resplandy et al. Part 5: Final outcome
- Escape from model land
- National Climate Assessment: A crisis of epistemic overconfidence
I’ve been trying to check in 3x per day to moderate the comments (but sometime I forget). Overall the comment threads are much better, but I have to do some pretty heavy moderating. If I get sick and tired of deleting too many of your comments for violating blog rules, i will put all of your comments into moderation, and they have to be released manually. Thank you for your efforts in not violating blog rules.
I don’t have any prognostications to make, other than that I will continue to be too busy
However, I will predict another crazy year of ‘extinction’, ‘crisis’, etc.
Happy New Year!
Wishing all of you a healthy, happy and prosperous 2020.
A special thanks to CE’s 2019 guest posters: Nic Lewis, Larry Kummer, Javier, Andy West, Planning Engineer, Vaughan Pratt, Paul Viminitz, Garth Paltridge, Alberto Zaragoza Comendador, Donald Rapp, Ralf Ellis, Clive Best, Ross McKitrick, Kevin Murphy, Alan Cannell.