Climate Etc. provides a forum for climate researchers, academics and technical experts from other fields, citizen scientists, and the interested public to engage in a discussion on topics related to climate science and the science-policy interface.
You are free to share or remix anything from Climate Etc., following the guidelines of Creative Commons.
Climate Etc. is hosted by Judith Curry. Website: http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/
I am Professor and former Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology and President (co-owner) of Climate Forecast Applications Network (CFAN). I received a Ph.D. in Geophysical Sciences from the University of Chicago in 1982. Prior to joining the faculty at Georgia Tech, I held faculty positions at the University of Colorado, Penn State University and Purdue University. I currently serve on the DOE Biological and Environmental Science Advisory Committee, and have recently served on the NASA Advisory Council Earth Science Subcommittee, National Academies Climate Research Committee and the Space Studies Board, and the NOAA Climate Working Group. I am a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the American Geophysical Union.
My views on climate change are best summarized by my recent Congressional Testimony:
- President’s Climate Action Plan
- Policy Relevant Climate Issues in Context
- Rational Discussion of Climate Change: the Science, the Evidence, the Response
Selected in-depth articles and interviews:
- Judith Curry on Climate Change: EconTalk
- Interview with Kirk Englehardt: Science Communications
- WSJ op-ed: Global warming statistical meltdown
- Financial Post op-ed: An unsettled climate
- Financial Post op-ed: Kill the IPCC
- NPR: ‘Uncertain’ science: Judith Curry’s take on climate change
- NYTimes: A climate scientist who engages skeptics
- Discover Magazine: It’s getting hot in here: the big battle over climate science
- An inconvenient provocateur
- Climate Heretic: Judith Curry turns on her colleagues
- The IPCC may have outlived its usefulness
- Chatting with a climate heretic
- Curry: The backstory
- Oilprice.com interview
- Oilprice.com interview II
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this blog do not in any way reflect the opinions of Georgia Tech.